Cogs, Cakes & Swordsticks – Cracking Adventures in the Empire of Steam
“Cogs, Cakes and Swordsticks is Lynne Hardy’s game of steampunk pulp adventure, designed to be played in the comfort of your favourite tea shop with your friends, and requiring nothing more than your imagination, a pen, napkins and a sugar cube (should a six-sided die not be readily forthcoming).”
“Inside you will find a nice, simple introductory guide to get you playing as quickly as possible (including a short adventure with its own pregenerated characters), as well as ever so slightly more detailed rules on how to create characters of your own, and how to run a full game of Cogs, Cakes and Swordsticks. Also contained within are details of the fantastical world in which the game takes place, and another, longer adventure, set against the backdrop of the British Museum.
So grab the cake of your choice and a piping hot cup of tea, settle down and allow us to welcome you to the Empire of Steam – an age of marvellous gizmos and mad inventors, Babbage Engines and flying steamships, dashing heroes and femme fatales, and the odd fiendish villain for good measure. In short: a time of exploration, intrigue and high adventure! We’re glad you could join us.
- 55 pages of Steampunk pulp adventure
- Introduction to The Empire of Steam setting
- Introductory & full rules
- 2 Adventures with 4 pregenerated characters to get you playing immediately
- Fabulous steampunk art by Geof Banyard & Richard Hardy
- Layout & Interior design by Michal E Cross
- Tea! Cake!! Adventure!!! *
*Actually we couldn’t fit the tea and cake inside as it was getting frightfully messy!”
This Collected Edition also includes Atlantis: City in the Clouds
“A marvel of the modern age, Her Majesty’s Flying Steam City Atlantis (known to her inhabitants simply as ‘The Cog’) hovers above the Atlantic Ocean like a proud, floating galleon. Well, a gigantic, metal galleon that doesn’t actually
Atlantis: City in the Clouds is a sourcebook for Cogs, Cakes & Swordsticks which provides an in-depth look at this fantastical
flying city. So grab your Earl Grey – it’s time for High Tea!
- Insight into the history and construction of Brunel and Stephenson’s engineering marvel, HMFSC Atlantis
- Details on the layout of the city and its environs, including notable businesses and personalities
- A full-length adventure of sky-high intrigue set aboard The Cog
- Six pregenerated characters ready for you to pick up and play
- Even more Attributes to help build your own adventurers in the Empire of Steam
- Thrilling steampunk art by Kit Cox
*And when we say ‘high’, we really mean it…”