Perilous Journeys releases Shadows Over Newport for SteamCraft~
“While vacationers revel in the debauchery of the Bourbon Quarter, danger lurks in the shadows.
They say it can only get better for me here. Newport is a bustling city that, through planning, has managed to keep the smoke stacks on the edge of the city. The city has a well-developed trolley system that allows fast, pollution-free travel throughout the city. Unemployment is at an all-time low. It is a town where it seems like everyone is partying in the streets for some festival or another. It is a city that revels is the display of magic for entertainment. However, this is all a public show. Kept from the headlines are tent cities filled with the poor, walkers leaving their graves, and the increased unexplained deaths and disappearances. Life in a house here is more dangerous that life on the streets in New Arcadia.
Shadows Over Newport is a Neo-Victorian Gothic Horror supplement for SteamCraft, although it is written generically so as to be useable as a supplement for any game system. This book contains everything needed to run a steampunk horror adventure.
In Shadows Over Newport you will find:
- The history of Newport and the surrounding area.
- An overview of life in the metropolis detailing what it is like to live in the city. This includes information of festivals, occupations, healthcare, government, police, and travel.
- Adventure hooks and information about the true horror lurking in the shadows.
- Details of each section of the city, each with this own flavor.
- Details of Guilds, Gangs, and Corporations involved in the city.
- New Items, Spells, and Monsters.
- Expanded rules for weapon creation.
- Introduces the optional 3d10 system for SteamCraft.”